Click to Home

Go To Search
What Residents Can Help Watch For
Keep an Eye Out For
  • Clogged, leaking or overflowing sanitary sewer lines
  • Dry weather flows observed to be contaminated or polluted from outfall pipes into streams (72 hours after a rain storm)
  • Illegal dumping activity into streams or storm sewers
  • Inadequately treated effluent from a sewage treatment plant
  • Observed pollution event or pollutants in stream
  • Sediment leaving a construction site in stormwater
  • Spills, hazardous materials (Chemical, Gas, Oil)

Residents may be the first to recognize "illicit" discharges dumping into storm sewers or coming out of from storm sewer outfalls. If you see an "illicit" discharge please report that to the township by one of the following methods:

Issues Observed
Primary Contact Info
Additional Contact Info
DEP 24-Hour Water Quality Hotline
(484) 250-5900 or
(800) 541-2050
Anytime, including evenings and weekends
Spills and other Emergencies Hotline
PA DEP 484-250-5900
PA Emergency Management Agency (800) 424-7362
Off site discharge of sediment
Chester Co. Conservation District
(610) 925-4920
Send photo, full address, and directions
Clogged, leaking, overflowing sewer lines
East Caln Township (610) 269-1989
After hours call Chester Co. Dept. of Emergency Services (610) 692-5100; if sewage is entering water courses, also call DEP
Dry weather storm sewer flows that are observed to be polluted or contaminated
East Caln Township
(610) 269-1989
Weekdays during working hours
Fish kills, illegal fishing
PA Fish & Boat Commission
(717) 626-0228
For fish kills, also call DEP 484-250-5991 or 5900
Broken water mains
AQUA PA 610-525-1402
24 hour